Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Quick, Easy & Delicious Recipe for Homemade Pancakes!

This is a tried and true recipe, I usually double or triple it, because I have a big family, and they eat like horses (lol)  I thought I'd share it... I add a little bit of flax seed or wheat germ depending on what I've got, and of course you can always add fresh berries, cinnamon, nutmeg ,or any of your pancake  favorites! I found this recipe online once when I was out of pancake mix, and have never bought a box of pancake mix since!
Forget Bisquick. This is the best, most economical mix I've seen. Try it with whole wheat flour and a few drops of vanilla in the mix. Outstanding!

1 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. sugar
1 c. milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
Combine dry ingredients. Add milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth. Heat non-stick pan over medium heat until water beads. Do not oil. Pour pancake mixture in 1/4 cup amounts. Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Remove from heat when pancake stops steaming.
HOMEMADE SYRUP:
1 c. water
1/2 tsp. maple flavoring
2 c. sugar
Bring water to boil. Add sugar and flavoring. Stir to dissolve. Cook 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.


No comments: