Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One of my Family's Favorite Recipes - Mexican Pizza

 It isnt every day when I find a recipe everyone in the family likes, but this one right here, is a recipe I never get any complaints on, even my husband who doesn't like pizza loves this one!


-1Lb Hamburger (or you could even use left over hamburger, this recipe doesnt require much)
-Taco Seasoning
-Refrigerated Crescent rolls ( how many depends on how many pizza's and what size dish you are using, I use cookie sheets  so I use 3-4 rolls per cookie sheet) 
-1 BIG can of refriend beans
-2 8oz bags of your favorite cheese (for this recipe I like to use the mexican blended cheese)
-1-2 cups of chopped lettuce *optional*
-1 cup chopped onions ( prefer the red onions)
-1-2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- jalapenos if you care to add them are completely up to you in how much you want use
-cilantro I buy a "bunch" from the store, and use 3/4 of what I have bought, but we really love the taste of  cilantro at  our  house, you can tweak it to however much you would like. Sometimes with Cialntro a little can go a long way!
-1 can of black olives
-1 lime

Prepare hamburger, make it just like you would make meat for tacos, You could use a LB. or less for this recipe. 


Preheat Oven to 375 degrees


I make 2 large cookie sheet sized  pizza's, so I generally use 3-4 unrolled refrigerated crescent rolls per sheet .


1st roll the cresent rolls out on your cookie sheet, and then bake the crescent rolls until brown to make the 1st part of your pizza.

2nd after taking your crust out of the oven, let it cool for a bit, because you need to be able to spread the refried beans on your crust with out ripping it all up. *You make want to warm the beans in the microwave to make them easier to spread*, I also sometimes put just a tiny bit of salsa in with the refried beans to loosen it up and give it a little more flavor.


After the crust has cooled, and you have spread the beans, and added the seasoned hamburger, and cheese  place your pizza back in the oven for about 15 minutes at about 350 degrees. Just long enough to warm everything up and melt the cheese.
Then mix up a very quick batch  of pico de gallo: onions, tomatoes, (jalapenos if you want), cilantro, lime juice, and I add black olives too. Sometimes I add lettuce to the pizza sometimes I dont, depends on my mood, and whether or not I have some handy. P.S. At our house we love the cilantro and lime juice and use lots of it, it is DELICIOUS together, and on this pizza! After the pizza comes out of the oven I usually squeeze what is left of the  lime all over the finished pizza, and also throw some unmelted cheese on the top too!
This is what it looks like when it is done, and before your family starts chowing down!
MMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMM GOOD!

No comments: