Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Controversial Issues

I hate them! lol
Today in our post ward, (which is like a meeting we have with our instructor after we get off the floor at the hospital, and we just discuss our patients. their diagnosis, our day what we learned that kind of stuff) one of my classmates (who is pretty entertaining I must say) told us two of his brilliant ideas for someday winning a nobel peace prize. He is a nice guy and I can tell he put some thought into some of the things he was saying, but as we started discussing his particular topic, it started leading to other controversial topics, like euthanasia, abortion, and I think there were a couple more. Well as we were just having an open discussion i realized how much I hated the discussion. I respect the fact that everyone has their own opinions, and I am glad we live in a country were we can openly discuss our opinions. I just dislike the topics and having the discussions altogether.
So here is what I learned about myself today
1.) I believe you have to stand for what you believe in.
2.) I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion
3.) Even though I may not like someone else's opinion, who am I to judge them.
4.) I think my opinion is always the best....lol just kidding
5.) I think my opinion on a lot of things is swayed by my Faith as a Christian, and that seems to cause even more debate.
6.) Sometimes I think Americans are so spoiled, it is kind of sickening, everyone is into instance gratification, and many times I think our freedoms are abused....but that's just my opinion.


This is a little vague, but Im tired, and just wanted to do a quick blog......so more later?
Night everyone

No comments: