Sunday, June 20, 2010

Amen to That!

Prayer Before an Exam
O wise God, I pray that my mind might be rested, my body energized, and my spirit inspired for the exam I must write.
Grant me peace and assurance so that I might do the best I am able, regardless of what that might be.
Be with my fellow students and may I be a good example to them, offering reassurance and confidence regardless of how I feel.
May I be honest and insightful, and able to give a true record of what I have learned. In the end, may any disappointment be born with grace, and any joy accompanied with humility.
I write this exam with Thee, O Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.


Prayer For Peace of Mind
In this time of anxiety, O loving God, grant me peace of mind. Quiet any distress and allow me to see clearly my mission and discipleship.
I pray for my examiners as well as for myself, so that they might be wise in their questioning so that it will allow for a true accounting of my learning and understanding.
May the memory of my family and friends remind me of their support, regardless of outcome, united with them in the spirit of love.
May I be wise enough to gain enough rest so all might be ready, my thoughts organized, and my life dedicated to serve Thee whatever the cost, through the love of Jesus Christ, my Saviour. Amen.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I will say a prayer for you too so that you can get your paper written and the anxieties go away! Thanks for stopping by this weekend! I love meeting new friends. One of my bestest friends is in Michigan right now...she flies home tomorrow.

Have a great week!

Michiganmommyx4 said...

Thank you for the prayer & encouragement Tammy! I actually go to your blog to when I am trying to de-stress, you have lots of good stuff all over in there, Love it! I admire good bloggers, Im kind of a lame blogger LOL Eventually it will get better though.